Could you not remember your iPhone passcode, and you entered the wrong passcode? Are you getting iPhone unavailable error? This article will guide you on how to solve iPhone unavailable errors!
Your iPhone is unavailable because you enter the wrong passcode. Maybe you forget, or you mistakenly enter the wrong passcode. This article will show exactly what you need to do to fix the iPhone unavailable error. So let’s go!
What Can I Do if My iPhone is Unavailable?
There are various ways to fix the iPhone unavailable error. Below is the list of the ways to fix your iPhone if It’s unavailable:
- You can solve the iPhone unavailable error with iTunes or Finder. However, kindly note that for you to do this, you will need to connect to a computer. Furthermore, you will have to enter your iPhone into recovery mode.
- Another easy way to fix your iPhone if it’s unavailable is to use the “Erase iPhone” option. The “Erase iPhone” option will be available after you have wrongly entered the passcode many times. If you use the “Erase iPhone” option, you will need your Apple ID and password to restore your iPhone. So we advise that you do not forget your Apple ID and password.
- Also, you can try using a third-party tool to easily fix the iPhone unavailable error. And if you choose this option to get rid of the error, then iPhone Unlocker will be of help with all you need.
- Another way you might want to try is to use iCloud. And to do this, log in to iCloud.com, locate where iPhone unavailable is written, and select the “Erase iPhone” option. However, kindly note that when you erase it with this option, your device factory will be restored. And afterward, the iPhone unavailable error will disappear.
Though most smartphone users like to lock their phones to let not other people access them. However, since the mobile belongs to them, we can’t blame them. Also, activating the passcode will save their information in case the phone falls into the wrong hands.
And luckily, every iPhone has a feature that allows users to set a screen passcode. And without entering the passcode, no one will have no access to the iPhone.
Why is My iPhone Unavailable?
Your iPhone is unavailable because you have wrongly entered the lock code many times. Well, you can enter up to five times attempts before you can get the unavailable error. So if you enter your passcode wrongly five times, you will get an “iPhone unavailable” error, and you will have to wait for a minute before trying another attempt.
If you attempt the sixth time and it’s still wrong, you will have to wait for 5 minutes. And If the Seventh attempt is still wrong, then you will have to wait for 15 minutes before another attempt.
So you will keep waiting the more you wrongly enter the passcode; you have to wait for more minutes. You will be permanently locked out if it reaches the tenth time, and by then, you will get the “iPhone unavailable or Security Lockout” message.
Read Also: How to Share Battery on iPhone – A Full Guide
How to Fix Unavailable iPhone Error:
Apple stated that you could regain access to your iPhone if the unavailable error shows up. So you don’t have to lose hope or think that you can never access your iPhone if it’s unavailable. To fix the unavailable error on your iPhone, choose one of the below guides:
Use the “Erase iPhone” Feature on the Screen.
When you enter your iPhone passcode wrongly many times, the device will be made unavailable. The first and non-complex solution to bypass the iPhone unavailable error is to use the “Erase iPhone” option, presented in the lower right corner of the device screen.
The Erase iPhone option will erase your data on the device (everything entirely, such as images, movies, files, etc.), and the passcode will also be wiped up. In addition, this option will reset your iPhone to factory setting, allowing you to start using your device afresh.
- You will need your Apple ID and password to use the Erase iPhone option.
- Make sure your iPhone is running at least iOS 15.2.
- Before using the Erase iPhone option, make sure you connect your device to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
If one of the notes mentioned above is missing, skip this option and go for another option below. But if you want to use the Erase iPhone option to fix the iPhone unavailable error, follow the below guide.
How to Use the “Erase iPhone” Option to Fix iPhone Unavailable Error:
1. After you wrongly attempt to input your iPhone passcode many times, the device will display an unavailable error. The “Erase iPhone” option will also display at the lower right corner of the screen. However, the Erase iPhone option will only show after the 7th – 10th of the wrong attempt. That means you will need to keep trying until 7th attempt before you can use the Erase iPhone to fix the error.
When the “iPhone unavailable” error shows, the “Erase iPhone” option will also show at the lower right corner of the screen. Then click “Erase iPhone.”
2. The next page will warn you that performing “Erase iPhone” will erase all your data (content and settings) on the iPhone. Click “Erase iPhone” again to confirm.
3. Input your Apple ID password to sign out of your Apple ID.
4. Click “Erase iPhone” and then be patient for some seconds for the iPhone to be restored to its factory setting. Then you can start using your iPhone from scratch. If you backed up your data, you could restore it now.
Note: If your device uses iOS 15.1 or earlier, you may see the “iPhone is disabled” error instead. If you see this, go for another option below.
Read Also: iPhone 13 Pro Max Overheating? 13 Tips to Easily Fix It
Use the recovery mode suggested by Apple:
To fix the “iPhone unavailable” error with the recovery mode suggested by Apple, you will need a computer (macOS 10.15 or later), and you will need to run iTunes or Finder app. You can also use this option if your iPhone has iOS 15.1 or earlier. Follow the below guides to fix the unavailable error.
1. Run iTunes or Finder (macOS 10.15 and later) on your computer.
2. Shut your device down and place it in recovery mode. Please, take your time connecting the device to the computer. How to do this varies from model to model. Look for how to do it for the model of your device below:
- iPhone 8 and later: Press both the Side and Volume buttons simultaneously. Be patient until the power-off slider flashes. Then drag it to power off the device. Next, hold the Side button and plug the device into the computer simultaneously. Do not release the Side button until the device got a recovery mode screen.
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus: First, power off your device. Then press the Volume down button and simultaneously connect your device to a computer. Do not release the Volume down button except when the recovery mode shows on the screen.
- iPhone 6 and earlier: You must shut down your iPhone first. Then press and hold the Home button and plug the iPhone to a computer simultaneously. Ensure you do not release the Home button except when a recovery mode shows on the screen.
3. After it has successfully connected, a message box will pop up, providing you with two different options, “Restore” and “Update .” Then, Select “Restore.”
4. Another message box will appear asking you to confirm that you want to restore your iPhone. Then verify the “Restore and Update” option. Doing this will allow the computer to download the latest iOS software for your iPhone, and you will have access to your iPhone after finishing the process.
Can I Unlock an Unavailable iPhone Without Erasing My Data?
If your iPhone gets an unavailable error, there is no way you can unlock the mobile without erasing data. Before you can unlock an unavailable iPhone, you will have to wipe all user data, and the device will be restored. Fortunately, you can restore all your data on iCloud, but it will be available on iCloud only if you back it up. So, always make sure you back up your data on iCloud.
What Can I Do to Avoid iPhone Unavailable Error in the Future?
You will get the iPhone unavailable error when you enter the wrong passcode multiple times. If you keep attempting and enter the passcode wrongly, the error will persist.
Naturally, some people do forget things easily. So if you also fall under this category, do this before you set your iPhone screen passcode:
- Save your screen passcode on Google Drive or,
- Write your screen passcode down somewhere save, such as dairy.
- Also, pick an easy-to-remember passcode.
Given that you forget the passcode, then the aforementioned will save the stress of fixing the unavailable error.