Ice cream sandwiches
Traditional handcrafted ice cream sandwiches feature a soft vanilla ice cream in the center and a chocolate biscuit shell.
- Half a gallon of ice cream
- Two and a half cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (minus 2 teaspoons) cocoa powder
- three-quarters teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of sugar, granulated
- 1/4 cup of butter without salt
- two yolks from eggs
- Two tsp of essence from vanilla
- Ice cream can be softened slightly by letting it sit at room temperature for half an hour. Press parchment paper into a 9 x 13-inch pan, letting the paper overhang the sides.
- Smooth surface of ice cream after pressing into pan. Freeze until totally solid, or for at least one hour.
- Turn the oven on to 350°F. Use parchment paper to line two baking sheets
- Combine the flour, cocoa, and salt in a medium-sized basin and mix until thoroughly combined.
- To make softer cookies, wrap each one in parchment or wax paper and place it in the freezer overnight. Alternatively, serve the cookies right away if you prefer them crunchy