Air fryer egg toast is a quick and easy way to enjoy your favourite breakfast sandwich without having to worry about the stove. This dish just calls for a few simple ingredients and can be ready in less than 10 minutes.
EASY AIR FRYER EGG TOAST
My girls love a runny yolk on their egg toast. And I enjoy making it for her because it’s a quick and easy solution that’s ideal for hectic mornings when I’m pressed for time but yet want something filling. Air-frying toast with a nicely cooked egg on top takes only a few minutes. When the egg toast is done, nothing is more enjoyable than seeing the yolk burst and ooze into the toast. Air Fryer Omelette, Grilled Onion Melt, and Air Fryer Poached Eggs are a few of our favourite easy breakfast recipes.
INGREDIENTS FOR Air Fryer Egg and Toast
- 2 slices of bread
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons butter
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Seasoning of choice
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER EGG IN A TOAST
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175°C). While it is preheating, prepare your bread.
2. Using the bottom of a mug (or glass), gently press into the center of the bread, to create a pocket. Be sure not to press all the way through the bread, or else the egg may leak down through the basket. (Picture 1).
3. Apply butter on both sides of the bread.
4. Crack one egg into each bread pocket. (Pictures 2 and 3).
5. Season with salt and pepper to taste and any seasoning of choice. I used Italian
seasoning and red pepper flakes.
6. Carefully place the slice of bread directly onto the air fryer basket/tray. Cook on air fry/air crisp setting in the preheated air fryer for 5-7 minutes, depending on how you like your yolks. (Picture 4).\
OW MANY TOASTS CAN I MAKE IN AIR FRYER AT ONCE?
Most air fryers can fit between four to six slices of toast at once. It also depends on the size of your fryer and the size of your bread slices.
I usually make 4 egg toasts in my Cuisinart Air Fryer Oven. There’s no need to increase the cooking temperature or timing. If you’re planning to cook 4 egg toasts at once, proceed with the same instructions above.
Just remember not to overcrowd your air fryer as it won’t heat evenly that way.