Take a culinary voyage with the enticing Sugar Cookie Truffles! These tiny jewels are the ideal combination of the opulence of truffles with the well-loved flavours of classic sugar cookies. A rich, melt-in-your-mouth centre contrasts with a crispy crust in every bite. Sugar cookies are a lovely invention whose origins remain a mystery, but they have been a fixture on tables across countries and cuisines for generations. They’ve been reimagined with a decadent truffle touch, taking them to a whole new level of exquisite decadence.
Versatile and ideal for any occasion
Sweet Cookie Truffles are a classic choice for a variety of events. They’re a big favourite at parties, potlucks, and holiday gatherings. For a truly delightful post-meal treat, pair them with a glass of milk or a hot cup of coffee. Elegantly displayed on dessert platters or packed in gift boxes, they are the ideal holiday treat or sincere handcrafted gift. Pair these truffles with other bite-sized treats like chocolate-dipped strawberries, macarons, or tiny cheesecakes for a more elaborate dessert spread. Their creamy, sweet flavour is well complemented by fresh fruit or a dollop of whipped cream.
Ingredients for Sugar Cookie Truffles:
- 2 cups of crispy sugar cookies
- 2 cups of white chocolate bars
- 1/4 cup of room-temperature cream cheese
- 1/4 cup of sprinkles (optional)
Instructions for Sugar Cookie Truffles:
- In a blender, grind the sugar cookies into fine crumbs.
- Mix in cream cheese to form a dough-like consistency. Add milk if necessary. Optionally fold in sprinkles.
- Form the mixture into 16-18 balls and freeze for 10-15 minutes.
- Melt white chocolate in a separate bowl.
- Dip each ball in the melted chocolate, remove excess, and place back on the tray. Sprinkle swiftly.
- Continue with all truffles, reheating chocolate as needed. Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days.