Sausage Hash Brown Bites are the perfect hand held breakfast, snack or appetizer to serve to your family and friends. Bite size balls that are made with ground sausage, frozen hash brown potatoes, cheese and baking mix.
They are fantastic to make ahead of time for a quick and easy breakfast on the go or as an addition to a brunch spread. However, my favorite time to serve them is at a tailgate party.
Because they can be served warm or at room temperature they can be set out on the table with the other food items. Then whenever there is a commercial or another break in the action, these little sausage hash brown bites can be eaten quickly and without a mess.
Sausage Hash Brown BITES with Syrup
Although the sausage hash brown bites are delicious on their own, you can also serve them with a dipping sauce such as syrup, barbecue sauce or Ranch dressing.
Best of all there are no utensils or plates required to enjoy these treats. Just like when you make Hash Brown Egg Nests, simply take a bite or pop the entire thing in your mouth.
They hold up well and won’t crumble apart when eaten. And you can even add a little dipping sauce to make them even more delicious.
You can use syrup as the dipping sauce if you are serving them for breakfast. Although, if you are serving them at a party, I would suggest dipping them in barbecue sauce or even Ranch dressing.
However, they are so good on their own that no dipping sauce is required!
Bite size sausage hash brown balls that are perfect to serve at a party as an appetizer or for a quick and easy breakfast when you are on the go!
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 35 minutes
INGREDIENTS for Quick n Easy Sausage Hash Brown Bites Recipe
- 1 lb hot sausage, uncooked
- 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups Baking Mix (Bisquick or Store Brand)
- 1½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 15 oz. package frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
INSTRUCTIONS for Quick n Easy Sausage Hash Brown Bites Recipe:
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Add the uncooked sausage and softened cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook attachment or in a large bowl.
- Mix using the stand mixer or a hand mixer on low speed just until combined.
- Add the baking mix and continue to mix until the baking mix is no longer visible.
- Add the shredded cheese and frozen has browns to the bowl and mix until incorporated.
- Use a medium or large cookie scoop and place on the prepared baking sheet. Or roll the mixture to make 1 -1 1/2 inch balls.sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 18 – 22 minutes or until the bites begin to brown.
- You can make the balls as instructed and place them in the freezer and bake as instructed later.
- Or bake the sausage hash brown bites as instructed and then after they cool completely, flash freeze them and then place them in a covered container for a quick and easy breakfast on the go!