Mamaw’s Chicken and Rice Casserole
I grew up using this recipe for chicken and rice casserole. It was given to my grandmother many years ago at a potluck by a woman from the church! My mother inherited it from her, and the family has always loved it. Simple and quick for a school night, and they taste even better the next day! Of course, you could use less butter on top; my mother and grandmother usually used the entire stick (you gotta love Southern ladies and their butter!).
Ten minutes for preparation
Cooking Time: One Hour
Extra Time: Ten Minutes
1 hour 20 minutes in total
Yield: 6 servings;
How to Keep Rice Casserole and Chicken Stored
Remaining food can be kept in the refrigerator for up to four days if it is sealed tightly. It’s Any dish containing rice should be fully reheated since leftover rice, even when kept in the refrigerator, might develop a bacteria that can lead to foodborne disease.
To keep the rice moist, add a few drops of water, and then reheat it to a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit or higher in the oven or microwave. To make sure it has reached the right temperature, use a food thermometer.
How to Freeze Rice Casserole with Chicken
This hearty casserole freezes beautifully. Cook the recipe in an aluminum pan if freezing it. After allowing the casserole to cool fully, cover it with an aluminum foil layer and a layer of storage wrap. For up to three months, store in the freezer. Warm up in the Refrigerate overnight and reheat using a microwave or oven.
- Cut three chicken breasts into cubes.
- two cups of water
- Two cups of quick-cook white rice
- One 10.75-oz can of cream of chicken soup with
- One cream of celery soup can (10.75 ounces)
- One cream of mushroom soup can (10.75 ounces)
- To taste, add salt and ground black pepper.
- Half a cup of butter, cut into pats
- Compile every component
- Set oven temperature to 400 F, or 200 C. Grease a casserole dish’s bottom and sides.
- In the prepared casserole dish, stir together chicken, water, rice, cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, and cream of mushroom soup; season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly distribute butter on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake for one hour to seventy-five minutes, or until the rice is soft and the chicken is cooked through, in a preheated oven. Allow to cool for ten to fifteen minutes prior to serving.
17 grams of protein