Classic Cheese Ball
It’s kind of dealer’s choice after that, but I prefer to start a cheese ball with some fundamentals like cream cheese, a really sharp cheddar, and some crunchy veggies! I say go ahead and try new things! Use your favorite tastes to personalize this.
8 minutes for preparation
15 minutes total
23 minutes in total
Ingredients for cheese ball
- One pound, split into two blocks
- Eight ounces of shredded strong cheddar cheese and softened cream cheese
- Minced green bell pepper, half a cup
- 4 chopped scallions
- Two tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice (about one little lemon)
- One spoonful of sauce from Worcestershire
- one tsp powdered garlic
- 1 cup of pecans, chopped, for rolling
- Raw veggies like radishes or celery sticks
Form the cheese ball:
- Combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, scallions, bell pepper, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder in a big bowl. Using a large fork, mash the ingredients together. Taste and modify flavors to your preference.
Get the pecans ready:
- Spread your pecans evenly in a layer on a sanitized surface, such as a chopping board.
Roll the cheese ball:
- Divide the mixture into two equal parts, roughly. Scoop out one half with a big spatula or your clean hands, then form into a ball.
- On top of the chopped pecans, place the cheese ball. Coat the cheese ball entirely by gently rolling it in the pecans with your hands or some plastic wrap.
- Continue with the second cheese ball.
Serve or chill:
- The cheese ball can be served right away or stored in the refrigerator for up to a week after carefully wrapping it in plastic wrap. Accompany with snacks or crackers