Simple Beef Short Ribs
I inherited this recipe for beef short ribs from my mother and grandmother. Every time, the aromatic beer and beef broth are cooked for hours, resulting in soft and delectable short ribs.These short ribs of beef are succulent, juicy, and savoury, falling off the bone.
preparation:15 minutes for
Cooking Period:Two hours and fifteen minutes
Two hours and thirty minutes total
Methods for Cooking Short Ribs
The detailed recipe can be found below, but here’s a quick rundown of what to expect while making beef short ribs:
- After seasoning, coat the short ribs with flour.
- After browning the ribs with butter and olive oil, set them aside.
- Put the ribs back in the pot after cooking the onion and garlic in it.
- Add the stock and beer.
- Simmer for about two hours, or until the short ribs are quite tender.
Short Rib Storage for Beef
You may keep any leftover beef short ribs in the fridge for up to three days by storing them in an airtight container.
- One pound of short ribs of beef
- One tsp salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper, ground
- Two tablespoons of flour (all-purpose)
- One tablespoon of olive oil
- One spoonful of butter
- One sliced onion
- one garlic clove
- One 12-oz can or bottle of stout beer
- One cup of stock, meat
Rub some salt and pepper on the ribs. Shake off excess flour after dredging in it until coated.
In a large skillet or Dutch oven, melt the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. About 5 minutes on each side is enough time to brown the ribs. Ribs are removed and put aside.
Add the onion and garlic to the pot and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Place the ribs back into the saucepan and scrape out any browned food particles from the bottom of the pot before adding the beer. Add the beef stock.
For about two hours, or until the ribs are extremely tender, cover and simmer over low heat.
Nutrition FactsFact Servings Per Recipe
4Calories 364% | Daily Value *Total Fat 27g35%| Saturated Fat 11g56%| Cholesterol 54mg18%| Sodium 651mg28%| Total Carbohydrate 10g4%| Dietary Fiber 1g3%| Total Sugars 2g| Protein 13g| Vitamin C 6mg30%| Calcium 21mg2%| Iron 2mg9%| Potassium 201mg4%