Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes
The classic combination of steak and potatoes! With excellent cause! It’s very nice to serve well cooked juicy steak with any type of potato. But there are instances when you just don’t have the time or money for a full-fledged steak meal. This is where this delicious Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes recipe comes in!
This dish is a one-pan take on steak and potatoes that is not only quick to prepare but also delicious. It’s made up of marinated sirloin steak that’s been expertly sautéed with garlic and then tossed with baby potatoes that were cooked in the same skillet. It’s a simple recipe with a lot of flavor that the whole family will enjoy!
Steak with Garlic Butter and Potatoes
This tasty Garlic Butter Steak and Potatoes is a one-pan meal with only 10 ingredients! The meal is a quick and easy way to prepare delicious steak and scrumptious potatoes that are filled with garlicky delight! It’s a fantastic weeknight dish that takes less than 30 minutes to prepare!
Prep Time: 15minutes
Cook Time: 12minutes
Total Time: 27minutes
Ingredients for Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes
1½ pounds sirloin steak cut into 1 inch cubes
⅓ cup soy sauce low sodium
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
1½ pounds baby potatoes cut in half if too big
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons butter
5 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
½ teaspoon salt or to taste
½ teaspoon black pepper or to taste
Instructions for Garlic Butter Steak Bites and Potatoes
- Combine all of the steak marinade ingredients in a medium-sized mixing basin.
- While the potatoes cook, set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook for about 8 minutes, or until the potatoes are browned and cooked through. Place on a platter.
- Add the remaining butter, garlic, and Italian spice to the same skillet. Cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Spread the meat in a single layer, reserving any leftover marinade.
- Cook without touching it for 1 minute, then toss and sear for another minute.
- Cook for another minute after pouring the reserved marinade over the steak.
- Return the potatoes to the skillet and simmer until heated through. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from the heat and garnish with fresh parsley or Parmesan cheese.
- Make use of both the butter and the oil. Use olive oil in addition to the butter.
- This keeps the milk solids in butter from burning and turning bitter.
- Separately, cook the potatoes. The potatoes must be cooked first, not only because they take longer to prepare, but also because the meat requires that time to marinate.
- Avoid overcooking the meat. If you want your meat well done, go ahead and cook it! If you don’t have one, grill the sirloin pieces for only a few minutes on each side.
- When stored in an airtight container or freezer, leftovers will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Simply reheat them in the microwave for about 3 minutes on medium heat. If you want, you may reheat them in a skillet.
- If frozen, thaw in the fridge overnight before reheating in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350°F (176°C).
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 501kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 126mg | Sodium: 1317mg | Potassium: 1489mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 294IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 6mg