Use those ripe bananas to find out why this recipe for moist and delicious banana bread is the most popular on Simply Recipes.
This recipe for banana bread has remained at the top of Simply Recipes for almost a decade. Thousands of people succeed at it every day. Why?
Because this is, without a doubt, the best banana bread recipe available. You can mix everything together in one bowl and adjust the amount of sugar and bananas. And what’s the secret to its mouthwatering flavour? butter that has melted
Author: Elise Baure
Ingredients For Banana bread
- Three to four medium-sized components (7″ to 7-7/8″ in length) peeled and ripe bananas (about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups mashed).
- One-third cup (76 grammes) of melted butter, devoid of salt or not
- A half-teaspoon of baking powder
- Not powder, but half a teaspoon of baking soda
- A single pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar (use 1 cup for a sweeter taste, or 1/2 cup for less)
- One enormously battered egg
- One half cup of all-purpose flour 205 g
- one tsp of vanilla essence
Instructions For Banana bread
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Loaf pan, 8 by 4 inches, greased.
- Mash the bananas and then add the butter:
- In a mixing dish, mash the ripe bananas with a fork until they’re very smooth. Melt the butter and combine it with the mashed bananas.
- Stir together the baking soda and salt with the remaining ingredients. Stir in the sugar, beaten egg, and vanilla essence. Add the flour and stir.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake.
- Bake at 350°F/175°C for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick or wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. A few dry
- crumbs are fine, but streaks of wet batter are not. If the surface of the loaf is browned but the interior is still moist, loosely tent it with foil and keep baking until it is done.
- After serving, remove from the oven and let cool slightly in the pan. Remove the banana bread from the pan and let it cool completely before serving.
- Divide into portions and give. (Using a bread knife reduces the crumbliness of the slices.)
- Carefully wrapped, the banana bread can be stored at room temperature for up to four days.