How to Make Homemade Chicken Strips 3 Ways
It’s simple to make homemade chicken strips.Easy to make Baked, air fried and fried. chicken strips—also referred to as chicken tenders, chicken fingers, chicken fillets, or chicken goujons—make a great supper choice for the whole family.Anyone can make their own chicken strips because they are so simple to prepare. A decent batter and/or breading are all you need to make homemade chicken strips.
Don’t forger to provide your feedback thanks!
Written by Melanie Fincher
There are three simple ways to create homemade chicken strips: Baked, air-fried, and fried.
First Method for Making Chicken Strips
How to Prepare Strips of Fried Chicken
We’re going to use this Fried Chicken Tenders recipe from All recipes Community Member Charlotte for some traditional fried chicken strips. For instructions on creating a hot horseradish sauce for dipping, see the original recipe!
- One cup of flour for all purposes
- Two cups seasoned bread crumbs in the Italian style
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper, ground
- One-half teaspoon of cayenne
- two big, beaten eggs
- two tsp water
- 24 tenderloins of chicken
- Two quarts of frying oil
- Toss the flour into a small bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine breadcrumbs, cayenne pepper, and ground black pepper. Combine thoroughly. Put water and eggs into a separate small bowl.Coat the chicken pieces one by one in flour, then in the egg mixture, and last in breadcrumbs. Put aside.
- Preheat 375 degrees Fahrenheit oil in a deep fryer. If you don’t have a deep fryer, you can still heat oil in a big skillet and check the temperature with a pot thermometer.
- Small batches of chicken should be fried for 6 to 8 minutes, or until golden brown. Once the chicken is out, drain it on a platter covered with paper towels.
Second Method for Making Chicken Strips
How to Prepare Oven-Baked Chicken Strips
Baking is the best method for creating chicken strips if you want to make them healthier and with less supervision. Tarryn, the creator of the Easy Baked Chicken Tenders recipe, says, “A healthy take on the traditional favourite chicken tenders…Personally, I’d much rather have these baked than fried.”
- One beaten egg
- 1 ¼ cups bread crumbs, panko
- two tsp powdered garlic
- One tsp powdered onion
- One tsp of paprika
- One tsp of kosher salt
- one tsp finely ground black pepper
- Four boneless and skinless chicken tenders
- Start the oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray after lining it with wax paper or aluminium foil.
- Transfer an egg mixture into a shallow dish. In a big freezer bag with a zip-top, combine bread crumbs, salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, and garlic powder.
- After dipping two chicken strips into the egg, set them in the mixture of bread crumbs. To coat, shake well. Transfer to the ready baking sheet. Proceed with the leftover strips.
- Apply cooking spray to each chicken tender twice.
- Bake for 7 minutes in the oven, turn, then continue baking for an additional 7 minutes. Take out of the oven.
- Preheat the grill in the oven and place an oven rack approximately 6 inches from the heat source.
- For an additional two minutes or so of crunch, broil the tenders in the preheated oven.
Third Method for Making Chicken Strips
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- one egg
- two tsp of vegetable oil
- Eight tenderloins of chicken
- Set an air fryer’s temperature to 350°F.
- Beat a solitary egg in a petite basin.
- In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs and oil; stir until crumbly and loose.
- Shake off any excess egg after dipping each chicken tenderloin into the bowl of eggs. Make sure the chicken is completely and evenly covered after dipping it into the crumb mixture.
- Place the chicken tenderloins in the air fryer’s basket. Simmer for about 12 minutes, or until the centre is no longer pink. If you install an instant-read thermometer it should read at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit (74 degrees Celsius).